Whether you're a child, parent, grandparent, educator, teen, young adult, scout leader or simply want to ignite your natural curiosity, the Rochester Museum & Science Center is yours to explore.
See fiery explosions, climb a wall, build a tower, power a robot, discover mastodons, turn a crank, pedal a bike, explore lasers, understand weather and so much more! Get hands-on in our 200 interactive exhibits.
You’ll experience inspiring family programs, intriguing classes, eye-opening camps, cutting-edge science star shows, impressive giant-screen films and other excitement with your family and friends. And don’t forget to grab breakfast and lunch at the Café at RMSC.
Events, Activities and Features
Explore these links to discover what you’ll love about RMSC:
- Events and activities happening at RMSC daily
- Exhibitions available
- Family programs
- Strasenburgh Planetarium shows
- Cumming Nature Center activities
- Special events
- Collection objects and libraries
- Café at RMSC
- Host a special event in our facilities
RMSC Museum and Strasenburgh Planetarium
657 East Avenue
Rochester, NY 14607
- Take the I-490 Expressway.
- Exit at Culver Road.
- Go north on Culver Road.
- Turn left on East Avenue.
- Proceed approximately one mile to 657 East Avenue.
- Turn left onto the campus for FREE parking.
RMSC Cumming Nature Center
6472 Gulick Road
Naples, NY 14512
- From Rochester, take I-390 south to Routes 5&20.
- Proceed east to Route 15A in Lima, then south on Route 15A to Route 20A in Hemlock.
- Head east on Route 20A to East Lake Road in Honeoye.
- Proceed south on East Lake Road to CR 33. There are signs to point the way from the junction of East Lake Road and CR 33.
- Turn east on CR 33, and then southeast on Pinewood Hill Road. This road becomes Gulick Road, and the Nature Center entrance is on the right approximately 7 miles down the road.
Membership at the RMSC is an excellent value. Membership generally pays for itself in as few as two visits! Learn about our many member benefits.
Are you visiting us for a youth class or camp? Partial scholarships are available to assist families with household incomes of $40,000 or less or on a needs basis. Must provide proof of need. These grants to Monroe County youth are made possible through the Eva Howe Stevens Fund. Call 585.697.1942 for information.
Looking for more information? Just give us a call at 585.271.4320 or 585.697.1942 (scheduling).
RMSC is universally accessible. We are a smoke-free campus. Thank you for your cooperation.