Title: Rochester Museum & Science Center Celebrates Martin Luther King Weekend with "The Food That Makes Us" Program
Location: 657 East Avenue, Rochester, NY 14607
Date: Saturday, January 18–Monday, January 20: 12-4pm
Admission: Free with regular Museum admission: $13 adults, $12 seniors and college students with ID, $11 children (3-18), free for children under 3 and RMSC members
Detailed Information: www.rmsc.org; Facebook; Twitter; YouTube
Media Contact: Debra Jacobson, Director of Marketing and Community Affairs
Rochester Museum & Science Center Celebrates Martin Luther King Weekend with "The Food That Makes Us" Program
ROCHESTER, NY—In honor of Martin Luther King weekend, visitors to the Rochester Museum & Science Center (RMSC) explore the science and culture of food during "The Food That Makes Us" program. The event takes place from 12pm to 4pm Saturday, January 18 through Monday, January 20.
Whole families enjoy several fun, hands-on activities together. Attendees:
- Join in on "The Great Soda vs. Pop Debate."
- Blast off with an exciting demonstration involving Mentos and Diet Coke!
- Find clues about the food that makes the RMSC in a scavenger hunt through the museum with a chance to win a prize!
- Play with their food and make their own art with fruit and vegetables.
- Make and take their own "Portion Plate Placemat" and learn about nutrition.
- Explore multiple states of matter in food and the chemistry behind artificial sugar substitutes.
- Travel the world with Murray the Mastodon and explore international cultures and cuisines.
- Have fun science explorations including Nano Smells, Density Drinks, Moving Molecules, Red Cabbage Chemistry and more during "Science Encounters."
Visitors are encouraged to bring non-perishable food items for the FoodLink canned food drive and receive $1 off their admission. The program is free with regular museum admission: $13 adults, $12 seniors and college students with ID, $11 ages 3 to 18, free for children under 3 and RMSC members. Admission to the Math Midway exhibition is also free with regular museum admission.
Check rmsc.org for more information and to discover which local "foodies" will be at the RMSC.
Rochester Museum & Science Center (RMSC) includes the Science Museum, Strasenburgh Planetarium, and Cumming Nature Center. Offering experiences at the Museum with more than 200 interactive exhibits, Planetarium with a 65-foot dome and Nature Center on 900 acres, the RMSC stimulates community interest in exploration. In addition, the more than 1.2 million RMSC collection items tell the story of Rochester's past including its rich history of innovation and invention. RMSC receives major funding from Monroe County, where it is one of the top three most visited attractions serving children and families. For more information about RMSC, visit www.rmsc.org. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.